Have you found that you’re a bit stuck in your weight loss journey? Not sure what you can add to your diet to boost some more fat loss? Try adding more of these foods to your daily regimen. You’re sure to enjoy them and see some awesome weight loss results.
- Lower allergenic than dairy – no casein and less than 5% lactose
- Easily digested and fast absorbing
- Good taste and convenient
- High concentration of luceine which helps improve muscle growth function
- High concentration of the amino acid cysteine which is necessary for the production of glutathione. Glutathione protects cells and mitochondria from oxidative damage and is a very important nutrient for liver detoxification. A well-functioning liver is necessary for weight loss.
- Broccoli – especially steamed – binds more effectively with bile acids ; Good detox vegetable (due to phytonutrients)
- Kale – risk-lowering benefits for different types of cancer: bladder, breast, colon, ovarian, prostate. Contains glucosinolates (organic compounds containing sulfur and nitrogen found in cruciferous vegetables which help regulate detoxification).
- Asparagus – belongs among the list of foods containing inulin. Inulin is not broken down in the first segments of our digestive tract and passes undigested all the way to the large intestine. Here, it becomes an ideal food source for certain types of gut-friendly bacteria (bifidobacteria and lactobacilli) that are associated with better nutrient absorption, lower risk of allergy, lower risk of colon cancer.
- Cucumber – the flesh of cucumbers is primarily composed of water, but also contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling. These acids also prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis. Cucumbers’ hard outer skin is rich in fiber and contains a variety of beneficial minerals including silica, potassium and magnesium.
- Celery – rich in potassium and sodium, the minerals most important for regulating fluid balance, celery stimulates urine production which helps rid the body of excess fluid. With it’s high potassium, it also has the potential for reducing high blood and helping the body to maintain sodium balance. Celery contains active compounds called phthalides, which can help relax the muscles around arteries and allow those vessels to dilate.
- Zucchini – Rich in both potassium and sodium, the minerals most important for regulating fluid balance, zucchini can also help rid the body of excess fluid. Zucchini skins are a good source of insoluable fiber, which helps the body to eliminate toxins.
Green tea is particularly rich in health-promoting flavonoids (which account for 30% of the dry weight of the leaf, including catechins and their derivatives). The most abundant catechin in green tea is epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which is thought to play a pivotal role in the green tea’s anticancer and antioxidant effects. The research showing the health benefits of green tea is based on the amount of green tea typically consumed in Asian countries; about 3 cups per day. Green tea not only promotes fat loss, but specifically, the loss of visceral fat. Green tea contains three major components that promote fat loss: catechins, caffeine and theanine.
The nutritional benefits of walnuts are realized when consumed in whole form, including the skin. We now know that approximately 90% of the phenols in walnuts are found in the skin, including key phenolic acids, tannins and flavonoids. Walnuts provide phytonutrients, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. They are also a great vegetarian source of omega-3 fatty acids. They are protective against metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular problems and type II diabetes.
Coconut oil contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. They are easy to digest and help in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzyme systems. Many animal and human research studies have demonstrated that replacing long-chain fatty acids with medium-chain fatty acids results in both decreased body weight and reduced fat deposition.
Hemp seeds are a plant-based protein source and whole food containing essential fatty acids (EFA), protein, fiber, carbohydrates, natural vitamins and minerals, but no cholesterol. The ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs in the oil component is in perfect balance for human health.